|Level: Beginner & Intermediate
Does the thought of piping a greeting onto a cake or cakeboard make you queasy? In this course, you will learn stress-free techniques to pipe beautiful, neat greetings in a variety of lettering styles with confidence. This workshop covers:
- how to make royal icing and obtain the correct consistency for piping lettering, beads and patterned side designs, and learn why it is important to know which consistency is needed for different purposes
- the best piping equipment to use
- how to hold and handle piping bags
- piping borders, beads, snail trail
- pressure piping, which is used for gorgeous ornate side designs
- how to fix mistakes.
You will then practice your new piping skills on an iced board and cookies.
Take home: Iced practice board, lettering templates, 4 decorated cookies
Venue: Bexley Community Centre, 405 Bexley Road, Bexley NSW