Level: Beginner & Intermediate
This workshop is about how to create super cute animals from sugar modelling paste, suitable as toppers for jungle and carnival themed cupcakes and cakes.
During the workshop, you will learn:
- how to make 5 different animal figurines (for example, lion, elephant, zebra, panda, monkey)
- how to achieve the correct proportions and shape
- how to create the important little details to bring your animals to life, such as making stripes, whiskers, and tips on how to make cute animal faces
- how to fix an animal that does not look "quite right"
- how to incorporate internal support in your figurines so they are more stable.
To give you an indication of the size of figurines which will be made, the lion figurine (pictured) is approximately 6-7cm tall.
Please note: we will be focusing on modelling figurines in this class and will not be covering cupcake decoration, so you will have more time to practise your modelling skills and simply concentrate on perfecting the animals.
Take home: 5 animal figurines. The figurines can be kept indefinitely for future use.
Venue: Bexley Community Centre, 405 Bexley Road, Bexley NSW